It may be a little cooler on Sunday 4th. of January, so keep the Fish and Chip run South
in mind. Details in the "Calendar"
And don't forget to check the "Calendar" for all future events.
Mid Week rides
Please note that these rides are not official Club events,
but are ad hoc meetings of like minded Club members, so it would pay to have a
"ring around" before arriving at the meeting point, or you may find that you are on your own.
We always try for new roads and destinations but unfortunately we have travelled most within about a 250 km. radius of the meeting point, so if you have what you consider to be a day ride/destination that could be of interest to your fellow members and visitors, please rock up at the Tower Hotel, 621 Magill Road, Magill, 5072 and lead us astray, we'd love that.
Our next mid week is on Wednesday the 15th. of October, 2014.
OK so you want some motorcycle reading, well this site will keep you busy for a loooong time.
We have permission to use this site and articles from it with the proviso that the owner and developer of it is recognised. The site is simply titled, "The Old Bloke", and he is none other than Elwyn Jordan, and, his very extensive read is
And do you know where the meeting points are?, see below.
1. North – Caltex service station, corner of Montague and Main North Roads, Pooraka, 5095.
2. Central – Shell, Coles Express service station, 111 West Terrace, Adelaide, 5000.
3. South – Shell, Coles express service station, 1477 - 1479 Main South Road, Darlington, 5047.
4. Midweek - Tower Hotel, 621 Magill Road, Magill, 5072.
5. Caltex - 965 Port Wakefield Road, Bolivar, 5110. ( meet here only on trips that
travel north towards Pt. Wakefield ).
6. Occasional meeting point is The Civic Park, opposite Westfield Tea Tree Plaza Shopping
Centre, 976 North East Road, Modbury, 5092.
7. Last but not least our monthly club meetings are held in the Atujara Motorcycle Club rooms. King Street, Penington, S.A. 5013 (Enter via Torrens Crescent).
On rare occasions on recent rides, lead riders have taken off without using their mirrors to ensure that the rest of the riders are still with him/her. In cities or larger towns the group can easily be separated by other traffic or traffic lights, and of course in the country, if the leader cannot see the group, how will he/she be aware of a breakdown or worse, an accident?. So please watch out for your following rider, even on dirt, take time to look.
Courtesy can be contageous, try it.
Please be aware that rides may be cancelled at short notice due to inclement weather or for any other reason deemed neccessary by the Club Captain or the ride Co-ordinator. If you are unsure of an event, contact details can be found in this site under "Contact Us".
We must always be aware of our "DUTY OF CARE".
Rides are organised as a social gathering only, and in coming with us you ride totally at your own risk. Any personal injury or accident insurance is totally the responsibility of the individual rider.
The BMWOCSA invite you to participate in rides in express reliance on the following acknowledgements, releases and warranties:
You warrant that:
Again, remember, at all times, it is our "DUTY OF CARE".