300 Kph is a bit elusive, speed limited to 299 ??
Does this interest you?
What: A slide evening taking you back down Memory Lane with those “Sweet Memories”
When: Saturday 13th June, 2015. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Where: At the Atujara Clubrooms. King St, Pennington.
What to bring:
1. a shared meal (savoury and sweet); your own drinks; plates, cutlery, glasses. Think of it as an indoor picnic! Oven and stove available.Tea and coffee supplied.
2. A USB/flash drive with a maximum of 12 slides. This will be plugged into the TV and you can walk us down memory lane or we can just look.
The topic: bikes, travel on bikes; club memories
Format: food/drink, slides, food/drink, slides, food/drink, slides: interspersed with much laughter, no doubt!
It should be a perfect winter evening
Important message for the owners of Historic Registered Motorcycles.
HISTORIC VEHICLE RATIFICATION DAY 20 June 2015 : 1000hrs - 1400hrs
All owners need to attend the above for updating of logbooks and if required vehicle inspection.
Requirements to enable the above:
- completed Statutory Declaration signed/stamped by
Police Officer/ J.P./ Solicitor (download blank form from Club website)
-receipt for 2015/16 club subs.(pay before 31/05/15 to allow time for processing payment)
-logbook for vehicle and $5 for replacement if needed
-DoPTI current Registration Certificate
If your vehicle has been placed on the Historic Register since June2014 inspection is not required unless modified since the Initial Inspection, likewise if inspected at the previous 2 Ratification Days.
Please remember that your vehicle cannot be used after 30/6/15 if you have not an updated logbook.
Andrew Chester - Historic Registrar
A fairly large recall
Something all new BMW owners should check out.
You could check your bike against these colours!!
Could this interest you?
And don't forget to check the "Calendar" for all future events.
Mid Week rides
Please note that these rides are not official Club events,
but are ad hoc meetings of like minded Club members, so it would pay to have a
"ring around" before arriving at the meeting point, or you may find that you are on your own.
We always try for new roads and destinations but unfortunately we have travelled most within about a 250 km. radius of the meeting point, so if you have what you consider to be a day ride/destination that could be of interest to your fellow members and visitors, please rock up at the Tower Hotel, 621 Magill Road, Magill, 5072 and lead us astray, we'd love that.
Our next mid week is on Wednesday the 15th. of October, 2014.
OK so you want some motorcycle reading, well this site will keep you busy for a loooong time.
We have permission to use this site and articles from it with the proviso that the owner and developer of it is recognised. The site is simply titled, "The Old Bloke", and he is none other than Elwyn Jordan, and, his very extensive read is
And do you know where the meeting points are?, see below.
1. North – Caltex service station, corner of Montague and Main North Roads, Pooraka, 5095.
2. Central – Shell, Coles Express service station, 111 West Terrace, Adelaide, 5000.
3. South – Shell, Coles express service station, 1477 - 1479 Main South Road, Darlington, 5047.
4. Midweek - Tower Hotel, 621 Magill Road, Magill, 5072.
5. Caltex - 965 Port Wakefield Road, Bolivar, 5110. ( meet here only on trips that
travel north towards Pt. Wakefield ).
6. Occasional meeting point is The Civic Park, opposite Westfield Tea Tree Plaza Shopping
Centre, 976 North East Road, Modbury, 5092.
7. Last but not least our monthly club meetings are held in the Atujara Motorcycle Club rooms. King Street, Penington, S.A. 5013 (Enter via Torrens Crescent).
On rare occasions on recent rides, lead riders have taken off without using their mirrors to ensure that the rest of the riders are still with him/her. In cities or larger towns the group can easily be separated by other traffic or traffic lights, and of course in the country, if the leader cannot see the group, how will he/she be aware of a breakdown or worse, an accident?. So please watch out for your following rider, even on dirt, take time to look.
Courtesy can be contageous, try it.
Please be aware that rides may be cancelled at short notice due to inclement weather or for any other reason deemed neccessary by the Club Captain or the ride Co-ordinator. If you are unsure of an event, contact details can be found in this site under "Contact Us".
We must always be aware of our "DUTY OF CARE".
Rides are organised as a social gathering only, and in coming with us you ride totally at your own risk. Any personal injury or accident insurance is totally the responsibility of the individual rider.
The BMWOCSA invite you to participate in rides in express reliance on the following acknowledgements, releases and warranties:
You warrant that:
Again, remember, at all times, it is our "DUTY OF CARE".